Sunday, August 6, 2017

Barns and Barnwood


Good morning!
Look at this! I am so in love with this piece... but..it isn't mine .. it's my daughters..but I did finish it! Little House Needleworks ..The Old Red Barn ..she left off the bottom checkerboard and used all the called for threads ..28 count tea coffee dyed eveweave..
The wood piece it is on is 3 pieces of barnwood cut and screwed together with a board on the back (her husband did that part)  she got the barnwood at a vintage store ..I mounted the piece on sticky needlework board ..then mounted a piece of greyish blue ticking on another sticky board ..those got glued together. For the decoration on top..I used burlap, wired burlap ribbon, ripped and knotted pieces of the ticking and some green homespun.. 2 fall picks, some leaves and a big vintagy looking sunflower...
I have to stitch this one ..it is amazing!

There's a new video up ! Priscilla and Chelsea you tube
   If you would  like to see what I am up to everyday join me on Instagram and my Facebook page ! I do post on both almost everyday ..Links to my Facebook page , Instagram and Pinterest are in the sidebar .. Hope to see you there ! :)
                                                http://jannolson.blogspot.com/
                                           http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/
http://www.funkyjunkinteriors.net/

5 comments:

DianeM said...

Another awesome stitch & finish <3 I just finished watching your newest FlossTube & loved it....I am so in the mood for some Autumn stitching now! I always get such great ideas for projects from the charts you two have chosen.
Smiles, DianeM

Unknown said...

I used to have red barn decor and this stichery would have been in my kitchen. I'm happy that you and your daughter are having fun collaborating, love the frame:). Looking forward to your Fall decor, Kathleen in Az

Darlene Gardner said...

Of course your daughter has wonderful taste in stitching! Wish I could send you mine for such great looking finishes - you ought to go in business.

Barb said...

That was a great family project. I love that barn board!! I will have to look for you on floss tube.

Judy S. said...

OH!!! I love this.